"live each day as if he deploys tomorrow"


Monday, February 7, 2011

Tick-Tock

Two weeks ago I celebrated my 8 month anniversary at my job. I dont consider this a major achievement but I was on a good start with this business. I was promoted to store manager by the time I had my 90 day review. I felt pretty accomplished with my work. Everyone can tell you that my job history since moving back to NC has been adventurious to say the least. I've always maintained a "job" but for once I felt like I could start a new "career" with this management experience. Until.....last Saturday! I received a message from the companies owner stating that our store would be closing. The building was foreclosed upon and the store closed immediately. Now I am left sitting at home. Even though I am still getting paid for a few weeks all I can hear is the sound of the clock. It's not ticking fast enough. I want it to say "tick-tock, tick-tock, its spring. Tick-tock, tick-tock, it's summer. Tick-tock, tick-tock, its homecoming!!" I talk fast, I write fast, I learn fast, I drive fast, I must find a new job fast! I have filed for unemployment benefits which is great for my wallet but not so great for my sanity. I suppose I should take up a new hobby. Maybe I will work on my scrapbooks, maybe I will learn new Portuguese words, or maybe I will teach my cat how to use the toilet??? Anything to pass the time. I have to admit that today was a great day. My neice Victoria and I have made the best of my being unemployed. Last night we danced to "girl songs" for an hour. This morning we packed a care package for our wonderful Anibal. Then I spoiled her with some chocolate munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. On the way home she suckered me into a quick trip to the park where we took turns taking pictures of eachother. She understands that each week I print the pictures and send them to Afghanistan to her Uncle. It's amazing how much she loves him and talks about him. I'm certain that he will adore this weeks 3 yr old photography...





Job or no job I am still the luckiest girl in the universe. I thank God for my many blessings. I know he will always see me through my challenges. Even the long boring ones. :)



"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

2 comments:

  1. <3 remember Connie that everything happens for a reason!!! Enjoy your "you" time and have fun with all of your little projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic website , thanks for sharing. diamant armi

    ReplyDelete